Do you have GAS? That stands for Gear Acquisition Syndrome. At some point and time most photographers suffer from this. They feel the need to buy every new piece of gear available. I could do this....if I only had this lens. If I had this camera body or if I had this or that. Yes, its your money but rarely does buying gear you don't really need help you improve your photography. Here is some advice.
- Start small and keep it simple. You don't need the latest and greatest camera body-camera bodies get replaced on a regular basis.
- Buy only what you can afford.
- Invest in good glass. It will last you for a long time.
- Consider used camera gear from trusted sources like KEH, B&H or Adorama.
- You might get a great deal from Craigslist or Ebay but be careful.